107 places

A DAILY BLOG FROM 2010 to 2014
people in 107 countries have come to this blog : albania / algeria / argentina / armenia / aruba / australia / austria / bahrain / bangladesh / barbados / belarus / belgium / belize / bosnia and herzegovina / brazil / brunei / bulgaria / cambodia / canada / chile / china / colombia / croatia / cyprus / czech republic / denmark / ecuador / egypt / el salvador / england / fiji / finland / france / georgia / germany / ghana / greece / guatemala / honduras / hong kong / hungary / iceland / india / indonesia / iran / iraq / ireland / isle of man / israel / italy / japan / jordan / kazakhstan / kenya / korea / kuwait / latvia / lebanon / liberia / lithuania / luxembourg / macao / macedonia / malaysia / mauritius / mexico / moldova / mongolia / morocco / myanmar / nepal / netherlands / new zealand / nicaragua / nigeria / norway / pakistan / panama / peru / philippines / poland / portugal / puerto rico / qatar / romania / russia / saudi arabia / senegal / serbia / singapore / slovakia / slovenia / south africa / spain / sri lanka / sweden / switzerland / taiwan / thailand / trinidad and tobago / tunisia / turkey / ukraine / united arab emirates / united states of america / venezuela / vietnam

08 August 2011

7 7, 8 8, 9 9

I had wanted to take a photograph of the lit cloud edge. It was feathery, hairy.
But I can be a slow person, and by the time
I got my camera out, lens cap off, focus
and exposure ready, the sun came out.
Today, eight eight, is my mother's birthday, and I love her, and seven seven is my father's, and I love him too, and nine nine is one of my sister's and...
Photo: Sun over Hong Kong and me
To see my 7 7 entry for my father's day: http://touchingwhatilove.blogspot.com/2011/07/books-and-birth.html

3 comments:

ian said...

Acht, acht - Mutter-jähriges Bestehen. Alles Gute zum Geburtstag, liebe Mutter. Aus der Ferne senden wir unsere besten Wünsche an diesem besonderen Tag. Ian und Lily

Anonymous said...

Sarah, Bea and Annabel love the way your poems make the sky light up. xxx

Madeleine Marie Slavick said...

thanks ian, thanks lily, thanks sarah, thanks bea, thanks annabel